From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:13:28 EDT

In a message dated 3/16/2007 9:21:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

One of the things that really gets me is that the stuff is damn near
revolting unless you add sweetness to it.  It's bitter in its natural form.

I do not find it revolting at all -- on the contrary.  But I also do not find
bitter vegetables to be bitter -- my husband on the other hand is very
sensitive to bitter tasting foods and finds things like bitter greens or unsweetened
cocoa or cocoa beans or espresso nearly inedible.  I also like extremely hot
spices and curries and he finds dishes I do not consider hot at all to be very
hot -- his face turns red, he tears up -- weird.  I read something about some
people being super-tasters -- maybe that explains why some find unsweetened
chocolate inedible and others do not.