Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:03:48 -0400
Welcome, Juergen.

Interesting post, but I must pick a nit in that I see the paleolithic diet
as a theory, being based on available evidence.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:52:40 -0400, Juergen Botz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The paleo diet is all about the hypothesis that we are not well adapted
> to the diet we eat today (and some of us have eaten more or less for
> up to 10,000 years), and are better adapted to one that we may have
> eaten for the million or so years before.

Interesting post, but I must pick a nit in that I see the paleolithic diet
as a theory, being based on available evidence.

> Well, but what if humans underwent some major metabolic changes in the
> last 100,000 years, as we became "modern" humans?  Maybe those metabolic
> changes improved reproductive success but hurt our overall health,
> especially under the dietary constraints of a hunter gatherer society?

I agree, but think that the changes are result of the change in diet,
rather than the cause. I would love to see some evidence otherwise.

> Maybe we developed agriculture because those changed humans /needed/
> a different food?

Yes; degenerates strive to maintain their degeneracy.

> One such change might be a much longer childhood.

This is well proven, and demonstrated by the infantile behaviour of the
"leaders" of Canada, U.S.A., Britain etc., as well as those scientists who
deny responsibility for the consequence of their discoveries.

  Chimpanzees grow
> and mature much faster than humans... even if you adjust for their
> overall life expectancy.   Well, some scientist had argued that
> there was evidence that until quite recently, genus Homo grew and
> matured at a rate much more like Chimpanzees than we do today.  If
> this were the case, such a big change in the rate of growth surely
> would have serious metabolic implications?
>
> Maybe, but here's an article that says that this wasn't the case.
> At least 160,000 years ago we already grew at the same slow pace
> as today.
>
> http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/ancient-fossil-shows-growth-profile-similar-to-modern-man-12783.html

 From this article,"Research during the past two decades has shown that
early fossil humans (australopithecines and early Homo) possessed short
growth periods, which were more similar to chimpanzees than to living
humans."

Homo=Man
Not all man is human, and never was.
I get my definition from pre-Christian idea that human is man who is great
of heart and mind.
Man may be human, ape may not.

William

--
"Reality is inside the skull. You must get rid of these 19th century ideas
about the laws of nature. We [the State] make the laws of nature." George