Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:11:22 -0700
Adrienne > So for those such as myself who simply cannot resist this decidedly non-paleo treat

This stuff is human catnip.

What amazes me most is that chocolate is a psychoactive and potentially addictive drug.  I believe it's somewhat analogous to tobacco, alcohol, and marijuana and needs to be taken with the same degree of seriousness.  To see children on Halloween hopped up on chocolate is quite an experience.  (Why not just give them shots of vodka instead?)  In our family we speak of "three days of detox" after the kids do a chocolate binge.  They don't sleep well, they're unbelievably moody, cranky, inattentive and depressed.

Moderation in all things, I suppose.

Jim