Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:29:52 -0400
Check out Macadamia Nut Oil if you are looking for a change from Olive Oil.
I think it is a step up from Olive Oil because it has a better Omega ratio
and is even higher in MUFA which means less harmful PUFA.   It is also more
stable.  I can't see any reason other than less availability that it isn't
promoted amongst the 'healthy vegetable oils' such as Coconut and Olive.   I
think Almond Oil is very high in Omega-6.  Walnut Oil has a good ratio but
more PUFA in general than Olive and Macadamia and is a less stable oil.

Can Olives be cured without Salt?  That is my only gripe with them.  I have
tried uncured Olives that are raw and unprocessed in any way except for
sun-dried.  They are OK, but not incredibly pleasant, and definately an
acquired taste.  You can eat olives straight from the tree by the way, there
are several varieties and I'm sure some are more bitter than others.  The
natural chemical in olives that makes them bitter is sold in tinctures and
capsules as 'Olive Leaf Extract', a natural healing remedy.  Doesn't seem
like there is anything negative to say about them except for the salt they
are typically cured in.  I would really like to find plain water cured
olives!