MUNIRAH Archives

The MUNIRAH Chronicle of Black Historical Events & Facts

MUNIRAH@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The MUNIRAH Chronicle of Black Historical Events & Facts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 12:01:27 -0500
Administrative Notice About a SPAMMED VIRUS:

Munirah Chronicle subscribers:

On Wednesday, 22 May 2002 22:38:29 –0400, The Munirah Chronicle  had a
breach of security and the W32/Klez.h@MM virus was sent to the Munirah
Chronicle subscribers by yet to be determined SPAMMERS.

The average e-mail recipient has seen a large and growing number of
computers infected with [log in to unmask] This is a MEDIUM RISK virus. We
recommend that you keep your anti-virus software up-to-date for the best
protection and scan your personal computer immediately.

This VIRUS (W32/Klez.h@MM) was sent through the Munirah Chronicle
distribution List Server using a method called address spoofing.  I have
since added new security measures and increased the authentication levels
to prevent address spoofing from the best hackers.

1) Do not open these attachments sent to/by The Munirah Chronicle.
    The subject line read, "A very new website"

 a) Web sites ( note we never write website like this)
           do not require attachments.

 b) The language is not our style.

 c) The attachments are the give-away:
          (1) press.pif [audio/x-midi]
          (2) MOUSE11.HTM [application/octet-stream]

2) We NEVER send attachments.  All our Munirah Chronicle's are text based.

3) No ones personal or business e-mail accounts has been compromised.

Our subscribed members database is confidential and secure.  This
VIRUS/SPAM is the first in our more than six years of operations.

Please be assured that this VIRUS/SPAM was not from The Munirah Chronicle
nor should it be acted upon in any manner.  All Munirah Chronicle staff
members have had their systems thoroughly checked for virus, worms and
other malicious e-mail.

Munirah Chronicle  remains the Internet's most authoritative guide to Black
historical events, facts and information of specific interest to people
seeking multicultural diversity.

All legitimate Munirah Chronicle's have the form:

0525 - Today in Black History - May 25

or:

ADMIN: <subject matter>

where

0525 – is the month and day of the year

Again, we NEVER send attachments.  All our Munirah Chronicle's are text
based.

If you have any questions, please feel free e-mail or call toll free at:

1-888-733-9037

Or

1-614-338-0321

On behalf of the Munirah Chronicle staff, THANK You for your continued
support of The Munirah Chronicle.

F. Leon Wilson
Senior Technical Manager
<http://www.code1.com/cybercolonies/index.htm>