From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 23:07:22 -0700
when you say "better DX" you are aluding to the benefits of having a
vertically and horizontally polarized antenna to help reduce fading and
flutter caused by changing polarities in the received signal? right?
You will lose many of the  benefits of a horizontal antenna though, which,
in my mind, far out weigh any isolated benefits of the added vertical
polarization of the inverted V.
Inverted V's are also noisier due to QRM picked up from power lines and
other devices which create noise in a vertical polarization.
I think though, that inverted V's work better for 40 and 80 since they allow
for the vertical polarization from many stations on those bands.
Not so sure the inverted V is the best idea if your looking for improved DX,
at least, not above 40M.
73
Colin, V A6BKX