Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:21:59 -0600
If ham radio becomes a part of the "norm" how is it any different from cb radio?
If we're making it a part of the "norm" as a giveaway or some such why bother
with the licensing requirements at all?  Personally I'm proud of the fact that I
earned my extra license code and all but if it was just out there for anyone to
grab it would become pretty meaningless like these buy-it-and-go degrees on the
internet.  People just want it for no work and that's where its headed.
Advocating a giveaway is one thing but advocating that amateur radio should
become the "norm" is a slap in the fact to all amateirs.  Its a sad day when
people with more earned knowledge than others are seen as being on a "high
horse".

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html