From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:59:30 -0500
I just read on the DCRTV.com web site about this sell off.  There's a link
to the NYT article.

CC Gets Bought, To Sell Some Stations - 11/16 - From the
NY Times:
Radio giant Clear Channel agreed Thursday morning to be bought for $18.7
billion, in a deal that may test private equity's seemingly insatiable
appetite
for media properties. A consortium that includes Thomas H. Lee Partners and
Bain Capital won the bidding with a $37.60-a-share offer, beating out a
rival
consortium of Providence Equity Partners, the Blackstone Group, and Kohlberg
Kravis Roberts And Company. Clear Channel announced the agreement in a press
release, putting a total value of $26.7 billion on the transaction,
including assumed debt. The company's board has unanimously approved the
proposed transaction
and is recommending that shareholders vote in favor of it. Clear Channel
also announced that it will be selling almost 500 of its 1,200 stations,
mainly
in smaller markets. They include outlets in Salisbury MD, Charlottesville
VA, and Lancaster PA. Clear Channel's 13 radio stations in the immediate DC
and
Baltimore area are not affected.....
-Ken