Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:45:16 -0800
Subject:
From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
On Jan 23, 2008, at 3:19 PM, Jamie Dolan wrote:

> For example, If I am making say a chicken and vegetable dish, I might
> want to add some more fat to the frying pan in a fairly flavor neutral
> form.  Lard just has too strong of a flavor to add to something like
> chicken stirfry in my personal opinion.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I do think that in most cases that animal fats are
> likely the very best source of fat, espically from pastured animals.
>
> But in cases when you don't want to use animal fats due to taste; do
> you think that olive oil is approiate if it is going to be heated?

Well, if you MUST...:) Actually, isn't olive oil more stable under
heat than other vegetable options? In any case, you could prepare the
dish and then put the olive oil in at the end, as a seasoning and
flavor enhancer. When I make bone broths, I put crushed garlic and
olive oil over the top of the serving. I do not find olive oil to be
"flavor-neutral", though. The extra virgin stuff I buy is very
strongly and distinctively flavored.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!