Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:11:09 -0800
8bit
From:
Debby Padilla-Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
--- Aria Nadii <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have a little bugaboo about eating the whites
raw
> so I
> usually cook them or use them in recipes. My
husband
> loves these simple coconut macaroons made with
> honey,
> coconut and egg white so  it works out well.
He's
> not so
> paleo so he eats cookies.

Mmmm... that sounds like something good I can
cook for
my hubby.  Can you share the recipe?

> I could be wrong about the egg whites but in my
> research
> kept coming up with the info that egg whites
contain
> glycoprotein called avidin that can lead to a
biotin
> deficiency.
> Cooking solves this problem. It was my
understanding
> that egg yolks were not a problem so I just use
the
> yolks
> raw and cook the whites. This may not be a
problem
> at
> all for the infrequent use of raw egg but I eat
> lot of them.

You know I also find egg white very unappealing,
and
the yolk is very appealing.  I still wanted to
know,
do you warm up the egg yolk or use it room
temparature
or cold?  I love to make blender hollandaise
sauce
with egg yolks.. yumm.  I've also substituted the
butter in the hollandaise for coconut oil with
good
results.  This is my version:

4 Egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
8 Tablespoons coconut oil

Combine egg yolks, seasonings, and lemon juice in
container of blender and turn the blender to
"blend"
setting - just to blend the mixture. Heat the
coconut
oil until melted and hot.

Remove the insert from the lid of the blender,
turn
the blender to medium-high, and pour the hot
coconut
oil in a thin, continuous stream. Do not pour too
fast
or the eggs will not absorb the coconut oil
properly.

When the coconut oil is absorbed and the sauce
thick,
turn off the blender. If the sauce should start
curdling while you are adding the coconut oil,
pour 1
tablespoon of hot water into the sauce while the
blender is running.

Makes 8 servings. 1 net gram of carbohydrate per
serving.

Luv,
Debby
San Jose, CA

Website for my son Hunter Hudson, born 10/11/04:
http://debbypadilla.0catch.com/hunter/