Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:57:22 -0800

Hello, list mates -

I have just read a horrifying email from an extended
family memeber who is "taking the edge off the pain"
she's still having from her "celiac's" disease with
alcohol, specifically wine and Vodka. This is a cousin
I love as a sister, so I'm concerned on several
levels.

What you all can help with is.... 1) Because I am a
non-drinker I have NO clue what she can & can't drink
that is GF. Are there brands to avoid?  2) It's really
hard for me to wrap my brain around pouring a toxic
substance into a damaged digestive system. Put another
way, if a GF baby aspirin can lay me up with abdominal
pain for days, what on earth is the long-term outcome
of alcohol to a compromised gut?

It's logical to me that the very thing she seems to be
doing to "help" might be what's actually causing the
pain, and if she's strictly GF she shouldn't be IN
enough pain to have to kill it with alcohol.

As an addendum - the family members who were diagnosed
after me seem to be driven to "plow their own roads",
so to speak. No email list, no support group help,
each one calls each manufacturer on their own, each
one operates as a lone star - a tragedy in a family
with multiple diagnosed Celiacs. She's figuring this
out on her own.

Thank you all for your help.

Kathy

Live now, age later!  Anti-aging supplements, dietary supplements, and
vitamins.
Visit  http://www.hubbellhealth.unfranchise.com/