From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:29:09 -0400

Listmates:

For those of you on the listserv who are interested in reading about the gf/casein-free diet for  children with autism, try getting the Fall 2006 (new) issue of Sully's Living Without. There is a brief, but good article by a mom for whom the gf/cf diet (for child) worked wonders, plus details about the diets and resources to contact.     http://www.livingwithout.com

Also, an excellent, new novel to read, about a mom's battle to give her autistic pre-schooler every opportunity to succeed, (very real because the author has an autistic son) is Daniel Isn't Talking by Marti Leimbach. Leimbach fought the experts when she insisted on putting her son on the diet...as well as taking other behavioral approaches.      http://www.martileimbach.com/
I am surprised to see how often I'm finding mention of gluten-free in novels that would
otherwise have nothing to do with it.

I don't have any connections with either publisher or author. I'm just trying to share, in case the magazine article and/or book would help someone.

Please don't ask me about autism or the use of the diets. I will not be putting out a summary of responses, since this is just an FYI posting.

Thank you.