ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:14:46 -0700
Hi all!

My care providers and their family need prayer.  this past thanksgiving,
many of Blanca's relatives came up here from California, intending to move
here.  As far as I know, there were 15 people, and they brought their first
load of belongings.  I got to eat with them that night, so I had two
celebrations!  On Saturday, Blanca helped one of them make El Salvadorian
tamalis.  Yesterday morning they ate them together and left early, hoping to
avoid snow in the mountains.  then last night, while relaxing in my rocker
before going to bed, I suddenly heard screaming, pounding, (maybe someone
was stomping up from downstairs.), then a group weeping together.  Later I
heard more weeping and someone shouting.  Perhaps Blanca was shouting in
prayer.  I felt almost a spirit of sadness in the house, but I had no idea
what happened until I felt okay to go and find out.  their cousins were in a
terrible accident, two of them were killed and others seriously injured.  I
think there are at least two of them who are able to speak and think
clearly.  One of them called to tell us.  One of Blanca's daughter and two
of Blanca's brothers have gone down to Nevada where they are suffering, to
talk with them and maybe help them decide where the funeral should be, where
they should bury their dead.  It might be here, it might be El Salvador.  We
had Kentucky Fried Chicken tonight, as no one wanted to fix dinner.  so
please pray!  I thank god, and all my brothers and sisters in the Lord, for
the support we give and receive.

Sharon