ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 06:31:38 -0500
Brad,
Don't forget, Red wine is actually good for the heart, the darker,
the better.  That doesn't mean get drunk on it.  Over indulgence  in
anything is forbidden.  There's that nasty little sin called
gluttony, you know.  Unfortunately, most church goers don't think
that that relates to food, but I actually heard of some research
lately that points out that the evangelical population is the most
overweight part of society.  I think that its a little hard to preach
against drinking when your gut is hanging over your belt and you've
had to have your brothers and sisters pray you through one heart
bypass after another because you won't lay off the fatty foods and
you won't get exercise.
Kathy