From:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:03:57 -0500

To follow up on the issue of taking a tax deduction for gf food...while
it is not practical to spend enough on gf food to qualify for a  medical
deduction, we have gotten approval from my husband's company to use our
flexible spending account on gf food.  We must provide a doctor's letter
stating the food is medically necessary.  These are pre-tax dollars, and
we decide each year how many dollars to put into this account.  For this
year we intend only to apply for reimbursement for purchases we make
which are completely gf (like when I order food on the internet from gf
vendors).  We are feeding four people on the gf diet, so our food
expenditures are huge.

Take care, Lynn