ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:10:02 -0600
Ring, Ring: Hello, This Is The Devil Calling!

By Phil Scovell

When I returned her call, she said, "I have something I want to
tell you."  She told this story.

     The other day, she was finishing breakfast when she heard the
phone ring in the living room.  She walked into the living room
and the same phone rang again.  She picked it up but the phone was
dead.  Later that day, she was reading her Bible and another phone
in the house began to ring and did so for about four rings but
this time she ignored it.  Later that night, one of the other
extension phones rang again and she again ignored it.  So, what is
so unusual about a telephone ringing?  These two different phone
lines that were involved?  They are not connected.  One is even a
cordless phone that isn't plugged in and the handset hasn't been
charged for months.  The battery is dead and no lights show on the
display to indicate otherwise.  These were old phone lines that
had been used for business years ago and had been totally
disconnected for some time.

     We have all heard of poltergeist.  These, according to
psychics and those involved with what is termed the "paranormal"
or "parapsychology," that poltergeist are the spirits of departed
souls.  That means, dead people, in case you didn't know.  They
are often referred to as just ghost.  I am often asked if there is
such a thing.  Before I answer this question, let me point
something out.

     Have you ever wondered why so-called psychics call their
craft parapsychology?  I used the word "craft" for a very good
reason because it is witchcraft they are using and not special
abilities.  They use the term parapsychology for the same reason
Christians use the term Christian therapy, Christian therapist,
Christian psychology, Christian psychologist, or Christian
psychiatrist.  No, silly.  I am not saying therapists and those in
psychology are dabbling in witchcraft.  Pay attention while I'm
talking.  You see, and here is my point, somehow we have been
duped into thinking, even in the church, that psychology is the
last word on human behavior.  I'm tempted to swear at this point
but instead, I'll just say, "BS."  Hopefully I won't have to spell
it out for you.  Furthermore, Jesus is not the great psychologist,
the great psychiatrist, the great therapist, the great
chiropractor, or even the great physician.  "Hold on there!  Now
wait just a cotton picking minute," I hear somebody saying.  "He
is, too, the Great Physician.  That's in the Bible.  I know it for
a fact.  I've read it."  Ok, you show me any place Jesus is called
the great physician, or even a physician, in the Bible, and I'll
publish a retraction.  Check it out for yourself.  He is called
great physician by preachers today because it sounds cute.  Jesus
didn't come to be cute; he came to save the lost and to heal the
sick.  If your Bible says anything different, you should throw
that Bible away because it is no Bible.  So stop misleading
people and just speak the truth.  Now, back to ghosts.

     As I said, ghosts, or poltergeist, are not the souls of dead
people.  They are, plain and simple, demons.  Yes, it is true that
demons can be territorial, that is, they may insist they have a
right to stay in one location.  They almost always have a reason,
too, and they will try and get you to believe the same lie they
believe, if you let them, that is.  I have been in prayer sessions
where demons have insisted they owned the land.  You heard me.
They owned the land this man I was praying with grew up on as a
farm kid.  Why did they believe this?  The answer, if I'm not
careful, could be quite detailed but the simple answer is, they
believed this gave them the right to influence, terrorize, and
tamper with the family, this man's family, any time they wished.
So what happened?  When the reason was revealed to us by the Lord
as we prayed, we made them leave the property and the house by the
name of Jesus.  "Did they" you ask.  Of course.  "How do I know?"
This man went back a few weeks ago to visit relatives.  Even as a
child, he felt and saw weird amorphous things in the house,
including voices and sounds.  When he returned home, he told me
that the house felt peaceful and nothing was wrong any place
around the farm.  "That proves nothing," someone is saying.  Ok,
you come with me and we will go and spend a night in a house
that's, so-called, haunted, and I'll prove it to you.  Let me know
when you are ready because I know where such a house is and it is
not far from my home.  I'll be glad to take you there.  Ok?  Let
me know when you are ready, now.  Don't forget.

     I was praying with a lady one day and the Lord led us to a
memory.  Many things were brought to light in this memory,
including demons, who wouldn't leave.  I learned they said they
had always been there, which I knew couldn't be true because that
building at not always been there, and so they were staying
because they had always been there.  Surprise!  Surprise!  Jesus
ran them off.  So much for their right to be there.

     So, let's get things straight in our minds.  Yes, ghosts and
poltergeists exist but they are not remaining souls from the
departed; they are nothing more than demons who are deceiving
people into being afraid.

     Concerning the three different ringing telephones?  Well, you
will be happy to know, that as I prayed with this woman, we first
focused on her.  You see, if she had some type of fear in her
life, or some other reason a demon thought he had the right to be
interfering with her life, he could be playing with the phones to
generate even greater fear.  It works that way very well most of
the time.  Some people, that don't know any better, literally sell
their home and move out because of ghosts in their home.  In this
case, it wasn't necessary for the woman to move because she had no
fear and no reason to experience this degree of demonic
harassment.  So, since nothing came to the surface in her own
life, it was time to ask the Lord to show us the truth.  I simply
prayed a very uncomplicated prayer about the demons that might be
fiddling with this lady's telephones and especially with those
phones which were literally disconnected.  I prayed this prayer,
which is one I use often for similar things in the name of the
True Lord Jesus Christ, and before I could finish, this lady said,
"They are leaving and there are three of them."  I finished my
prayer, making certain they would indeed leave, because some
demons sneak out, leaving you with the impression they are gone,
then when you leave, they return.  Anyhow, I want you to
understand something.  I thought it was a demon playing around but
I wasn't for sure.  I did not know there might be three.  I was
not expecting any response from the lady I was praying with nor
would I have asked her if she saw or heard anything happen.  Yet,
she did respond and this lady, by the way, isn't the type to make
things up.  She saw what Jesus saw.

     Why am I talking about this?  Because, you would be amazed at
the number of Christians who believe a lie about almost anything.
Most Christians I know live in some type of fear even though the
Bible clearly states the perfect love casts out fear.  Why do they
live in fear then?  Probably because they have been listening to
the wrong voice.  Do you know to whom you are listening?

#3  To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and
he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
#4  And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them,
and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
#5  And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him:
for they know not the voice of strangers.  (John 10:3-5).

He's ready when you are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com