ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:34:14 -0600
Virgie and others,

Well, I was also afraid Zippy would get worse when Sandy was gone.  I didn't
want to have to put him to sleep while she was away.  Sandy held him on her
lap as the vet gave him the sedative shot and then the final shot a few
minutes later.  Chester, of course, still says Zippy's name all the time and
probably always will.  I just let the dogs outside and found myself trying
to find Zippy to put him out, too.  So after 18 years, it will take a little
time getting used to not having him but he gave us a lot of wonderful times.
Shoot, I could probably write a whole book just on that dog.  This way,
Sandy will be busy with her family there in Iowa and probably won't think of
the old Zip until she goes to bed.  It's good she is only going to be gone
since Tuesday because every time she goes any more, and especially back to
Iowa, she is ready to come home after the first day.  I suppose it has
something to do that her folks aren't there any more so it isn't really like
going back home any longer to the farm for her.

Phil.

He's ready when you are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com