Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:55:41 -0600

On Sunday, October 22nd, there was a CBS Sunday Morning story on food
allergies (not celiac). They talked about the increase in food allergies
and touched on the difficulties people have when dining out, etc. One
chef they spoke to was celebrity chef Ming Tsai who owns the Blue Ginger
line of restaurants. He has a son with several food allergies so he has
become very accommodating to people who have special needs when dining
out. (See the link to the story below.) Wheat and gluten were mentioned
and Blue Ginger has a special notebook of dishes and their ingredients
and how to cater to a diner's needs for a particular intolerance. I
don't have the Blue Ginger restaurants in my area, but you might try
them if you do. On the program, they showed a woman who had a
gluten-free dish prepared for her specially, so I think they will cater
to your needs. I appreciate that Mr. Tsai does this and it would be
wonderful to support that.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/22/sunday/main2112939.shtml

Liz
Boise, ID