ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Todd Struve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:02:10 -0800
Rhonda, I know that life can sure sometimes seem
unfair.  Just remember God has a plan for you and Ben.
 I know right now it's hard to see that big picture,
but keep hanging in there.
Todd

--- Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> A friend and I recently applied for a habitat house,
> it is a program where
> houses are built for low income families who could
> not otherwise afford to
> get a home.  They consider where you live, if you
> live in subsandard
> housing, your family size, and income.  Anyway  they
> chose my friend who has
> three children to get a house.
> She sent out this email  saying how she had prayed
> that God would  bless
> her, her family, her finances, and so on, and
> then..she got this house.
> I was at first a bit mad at the email, it sounded
> as though God were a
> magic  genny we need only tell our wishes to.
> It also seeed that if  others would do the same they
> too could be "blesssed"
> But what actually is a "blessing" an underserved
> favor, an unexpected  gift
> that could not be earned!
> I realize that I was a bit jealous, Ben and I don't
> live in a "substandard
> house" but our rent is a good chunk of our income.we
> don't have small
> children.  I was just sort of  angry because I know
> that this husband does
> not manage his money well,  they have other problems
> as well, but perhaps
> God eant it as a fresh start,  once one gets behind
> in bills whether it from
> not paying them and doing stupid tings, or from not
> having the money to pay
> them, it is so hard to catch up!
> Sio.I was thinking what does it mean when we say
> "blessing" or I am blessed"
> I realize that some of the confusion I  have is
> because of things I have
> heard,  you know if God did it for one, He can do it
> for another, but we I
> can't see the big picture, and if given the choice
> to be where my friend is
> and where I am, I'd choose where I am.
> Blessings aren't always things you can see,  well,
> just was thinking..and
> thought I'd write it all down.
>
> Rhonda

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near historic lows:
$150,000 loan as low as $579/mo. Intro-*Terms
https://www2.nextag.com/