From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 00:46:10 -0500
Hi Tom,

You probably know I'm not a guy that takes the usual solution to solving a
problem.  I use the VCommand Navigator for street by street directions as
the unit features voice input and output.  Its made for use in a automobile,
if you walked around with it, you'd have to carry a hefty battery with you.
The navigator is selling for $695.00 at this time.
Another method that I've used is Microsoft's Streets and Trips on a laptop.
This takes a learning curve, but it works.  If you buy Microsoft's product
with a GPS receiver, it costs about $129.00.  Streets and Trips does not
tell you street names but it does give exit numbers and direction of turns.
More information is displayed on the laptop screen.
I bought my Microsoft Streets and trips with a Deluo gps receiver for $69.00
and if you get the Deluo gps receiver with serial port output, you can use
it with your TMD700A for APRS.
73
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype Name: bobtinn