From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:15:52 -0500
On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 01:48:11PM -0500, Christopher Moore wrote:
> And the answer to all this is
> USE LINUX!!!

...which will give you a whole brand new special set of problems! Of
course, the good news is that once you get those worked out, it just
keeps going without any help...but the GUI has a long way to go yet
before it's very usable.

That said, I've got a great little machine in the attic just waiting
for an IRLP node. ... Which is coming. IRLP and Echolink on one box
(so I can hit the Handi-ham and the PWD nets). Got a new old repeater
on eBay, all set up already on 146.91. The trick's gonna be getting
separate transmit and receive antennas separated enough so the
transmitter doesn't desense the receiver too much (because duplexers
are too expensive). Then I'll eventually have to put in a PL
decoder. But looking forward to setting up an IRLP/Echolink box as a
repeater controller. Just to make this all ham radio related again, y'know.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV: Executive In Training!
Independent Watkins Manager #361534

Shop our catalog of over 350 products for your home and health...and
check out our fabulous 2006 Holiday Gift and Entertaining Line!
http://www.tastyshop.net
...And see how a Watkins business can improve your life in our free
Ebook: http://www.tastybiz.com