From:
"ray t. mahorney" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ray t. mahorney
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 04:06:24 -0000
what you are going to see is a push to put d* radios in branch EOC's That's the plan being discussed in North
Carolina at any rate You're not going to see D* at the shelter level for quite some while if the technology proves
robust enough.  Now, one practical application for this is that because the call sign is being transmitted digitally
a non ham can operate the radio once the the call sign is programmed into the radio.  I'd like to play with one of
these things but it might be a while.
Ray T. Mahorney
WA4WGA
http://www.ifbyphone.com