Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:47:45 -0500
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:18:40 -0500, Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If anyone has any cautions or advice to add feel free, because I don't
> claim
> to be an expert on zinc.

I took 30mg zinc/day for years. It completely stopped migraines.
I didn't know to also take copper (ratio about 7 zinc to 1 copper), which
may have caused apparently permanent crippling illness.
IIRC the standard recommended dose was 15mg per day.
There seems to be enough bio-available zinc in raw meat.

Since starting paleodiet I no longer get migraines, but still get
occasional white spot on fingernails. Probably because I cheat.

William