From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 08:25:06 -0700
I don't agree that tv is supported by commercials and a monthly fee.  I
can see paying for premium channels with no commercials, but why should I
have to pay to watch channels with commercials.  I've been involved in the
satellite industry since 1980, by the way.  Every one's bills are going
up, just within the last 3 months.  cable went up, dish, and direct tv.
hmmm, I think I smell a rat here.

I've always thought that part of their licensing agreement, that is their
fee for using the public air waves which a limited resource should be that
the satellite people provide cspan free for all.

They make big bucks off of advertising besides what I pay them each month.
If you compare the local feeds, say on WGN for example, you'll find that
direct tv and dish insert their own commercials.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr