From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:49:11 -0400
Hi.

I suppose this might mean that we need a bigger AM broadcast band with
wider channel spacing.  Maybe 500 kHz to 2900 kHz!  Then, we can have 20
kHz  channel spacing, and everything will be ok again, until they think of
another way to screw it up.  Of course, the fact the the AM band, as a
whole has been a losing proposition ever since FM took off won't even enter
into the equation.

AM would fly in its own right if they just had a few stations there that
provide high quality programming over a wide area, but the "pack the band
full of the same old stuff" approach will fail whether it goes digital or
not.  Just my opinion, but I think the FCC has done a first class job of
spectrum mismanagement!

73, de Lou K2LKK