From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:32:01 -0700
Richard,

I have been using the free version of AVG for two years and my wife has been
using it on her machine for maybe a year or a little more.  My free version
just so happened to expire last night and wouldn't you know it?  It found a
virus.  Strange timing, don't you think?  Suspicious is a better word.  I
have been wanting to get the new version, which I did today, and yes, it is
speech friendly.  Well, for the most part.  I bought a two year
subscription.  They claim that you get immediate upgrades when a new virus
is discovered and it is sent out to all subscribers.  Who knows.  Even the
free version goes out at least once a day to upgrade, if there is an upgrade
available.  The purchase version found three viruses, or fragments,
supposedly today after I installed it but there is one file being flagged
that it does not appear to be able to fix.  Additional manual scans today,
however, did not show any other fragments.  There are a ton of anitvirus
programs out there so I'd keep asking for people's opinion.  They all just
about have a 30 day try out including the pay AVG 7.5 version.

Phil.