From:
Christy Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:11:23 -0600
Hi guys,

I have two sort of related questions. I'm looking into setting up some kind
of emergency power source for my kenwood 707, mostly for monitoring weather
nets but also in case of other emergencies and loss of power. My asking
around and research has left me wondering a couple of things. Many people
especially with ARES have been talking about something called anderson power
poles. What are these, and how do they relate to what I'm already running?
Current setup is a DC cable running from the radio, and the ends of the wire
threaded through terminals on the power supply, as many of you will probably
remember from earlier posts. Secondly, have any of you had experience using
portable power supplies, sometimes called car starters, for emergency backup
of low powered VHF equipment? Someone mentioned this as a possibility, since
they are less expensive than, and outgas much less than, the typical car
battery or marine battery setup. The only thing I'm not sure of is if these
come with the same kinds of terminals that you'd find on a normal power
supply, or if I need to get some kind of special accessory, and then how to
get that accessory interfaced with what I have. Thoughts, suggestions?
Keeping in mind, I'm in an apartment, so space, ventalation and so forth is
very limited.

Christy

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.