From:
Terri Pannett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:37:06 -0800
Hi, Brett,

No, I never got to TSPS--I left the phone company before that.

I worked the Dimension board at Sears.  I sure enjoyed the different sounds
created by the little box connected to the switchboard.  They reminded me of
CW, (grin).

I never liked that probe which came with the system--too heavy!  So I used
the lightweight probes I mentioned.  In fact, the only time I had to scan
anything was when someone was on hold.  I also liked the multiple answer
key, that was neat!  I discovered I never had to use the probe to tell if a
line was busy because I could just listen before I pressed the release
button.

The last console I used was an Oki and it was inferior to the Dimension, but
my employer, Exchange Bank, was willing to modify it so I could work it.
They had to change the lights from green to red or white and they drilled
holes into the console so I could stick the probe into a hole and detect the
light.  I worked the switchboard at Exchange Bank for 10 and a half years
until they went to a Centrex system.

So my telephone carreer started with the CAMA board at Pacific Telephone and
their cord board PBX there to the cord board at Sears then the Dimension and
lastly the OKI at Exchange Bank I worked from 1974 to 1991.

Is it true switchboards aren't accessible today?

Terri, Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign AAT9PX,
California