From:
Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:31:06 -0700
		Actually the  retooling needed to produce the Braille
symbols do the required coordination between the two alphabetic sets may
not be cheep at all.  Tom has a berry good idea which is low tech for
all concerned and places the responsibility where it belongs in the
first place.

As for the question of why the numbers and names are embossed on the
cards in the first place, this is for the paper trails for the merchants
as well as consumers and bankers.

My wife has dozens of horror stories about the so called automated
systems inside the banking industry.    There is very much a need for
paper trails and human intelligence when doing data analysis in
correcting individual problems.

Now let's get back to ham radio.....

Has anyone read the article on voice command of ham rigs in the November
QST?  I SURE HOPE IT WILL GET COMPILED FOR THE ipaq P. D. A.   I so see
a good future in the automotive industry for voice control and the spin
off for us would be nice as well.

BRETT WINCHESTER