From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:17:11 -800

Hi all,
so far as I know nobody currently makes a talking VCR. There is a
talking remote which i believe is programmable for many different
VCRs and T.V.s it is carried by the big blindness catalogs.  It
seems to be well received but  I have no experience with it.  Of
course it only tells you what buttons you pushed, not what's going
on with the machine you're trying to use.

As others have said individual producers can put their own
software on DVDs so that there is no industry standard for menus
and accessibility in those systems.I see sighted people struggle
with them.

Best holidays to all.

Tom WA6IVG

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered