From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:43:14 -0700
Years ago, when they started fiddling around with the code requirements, I
knew they would eventually eliminate it all together.  Although I have
literally gone for years without making a side band contact now, since CW
has always been my favorite, I have never cared if they got rid of the
testing for the code or not.  Only those wishing to learn and enjoy that
mode of communications will be in the CW bands now and there will be, as it
has been going down the last 20 years, fewer and fewer CW operators.
Eventually, when the last of us dies out, I guess everything will be phone
and digital stuff.  I won't care then because I'll be gone anyhow.  Until
then, just tune the bands during a CW contest and try and tell me CW is
dead.  I frankly never thought I would see the day there was no CW test and
I pray I never see the day the code is band from the air but it wouldn't
surprise me.

Phil.
K0NX