From:
Gary Ketler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 23:51:05 -0600
Actually, you can tell on a regular FM receiver.  There is a high pitched
whine about .4 MHZ off the main station.  For example if you had a station
on 105.9 you could hear the whine on 105.5 or 106.3.  If you live in a
crowded major market you may not be able to hear the whine because of all
the move-ins or suburban stations.