From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:55:53 -0600
Hi:
regarding skype, yes it will remain free.
Yes, you have to download the skype software.  Its quite accessible with the
different flavors of screen reader though, and there are scripts/setfiles
that have been made for the latest versions.

The audio quality is truely superb.  It is far above regular telephone
quality and sometimes boarders on FM quality.
I believe the audio stream is 16KB so its wide enough to handle the high
quality voice stream.

The free calling from your computer to any phone number in north america,
also known as skype out, may not remain free for too much longer.  Also, the
skype in, which is where your screen name is assigned a local phone number,
costs a small amount of money if you want it.
But, the regular computer to computer calling is and always will be free.
There is also support for text messaging, and file transfers.  I believe the
newest version allows for vidio linking as well.

Its really a great peace of software.
Just too bad its now owned by ebay hi hi.

73
Colin, V A6BKX