Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Carrie Coineandubh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:20:34 -0800
> Date:    Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:52:49 -0500
> From:    =?windows-1252?Q?Philip?= <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Cooking Fats - was Re: Christmas Pudding

I didn't really thin=
> k=20
> much about it before I wrote my question. It sure stirred up some=20
> interesting discussions though, which may be for the good, because the=20=
>
> number of posts has been dwindling.

*** And, even though the topic has come up before, people change their minds
and ways of doing things with experience and new information. For example, I
used to be more hard-core "Paleo", but it seemed as if I was trying to
back-engineer the diet using modern analogs and technologies. So, eating
unprocessed foods became more important to me than eating strictly "Paleo"
as described by certain advocates of the diet. Even though an energy bar
might have the same nutrient profile as a proper Paleo meal, it is not the
same to me. I changed my no-dairy policy to no overprocessed dairy and now
drink raw milk from grass-fed goats. Maybe drinking goat milk only goes back
10,000 years or so, but canola oil only goes back 20 years or so. If, to be
Paleo, canola oil is ok and dairy is not, I'm satisfied to semi-Paleo (which
is much easier, I think, than being semi-vegetarian, or semi-pregnant).

--Carrie