From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:09:50 -0700

I just found out that Dr. Lahr's book, "Why Can't I Go?" is now available
through Amazon.com.   This book was previously only available for sale
directly from the doctor's office.  For $29.95, it's a real bargain
considering what an office visit costs these days.

8 or 10 chapters from this book are on the ICAN Foundation website which is
restricted by password.  However, I was able to access this website thru the
"back door" with this link:

http://www.constipation.net/Chapters/1_intro.html?
-------------------
Everytime I post something about this topic, I hear back from folks who have
suffered for years with this problem.  They often labor with diets,
exercises, enema bags, massages, expensive colonic treatments, bio feedback,
psychiatric counseling, expensive prescription drugs, etc. all to little or
no avail.  Chronic constipation is a particularly difficult to deal with
because most physicians, both conventional & alternative, are still working
under the false philosophy that laxatives cause constipation.  Modern
clinical research has uncovered new evidence to the contrary.  When people
are finally given "permission" to use inexpensive OTC laxatives on a daily
basis, they usually feel jubilant & liberated.  Such was the case with me.
When I started using sennoside tablets daily, I suddenly had an extra hour a
day that I didn't have to spend in the bathroom.  What to do with all that
extra time?  I took up the French horn.  Now I spend that hour a day making
music instead of ...  well, I'll spare you the details.  Let's just say the
French horn is lots more fun!

Valerie in Tacoma