From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:22:36 -0500

I searched the archives, but the only thing I found that comes close to that
is this:

Date:         Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:10:52 -0400
Sender:       Paleolithic Eating Support List
From:         Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Type A mistake

I wrote yesterday that type A appeared about 38,000 years ago,
and began to proliferate about 12,000 years ago.  This was a
mistake, based on misreading a chart.  Type A appeared about
20,000 BCE and began to disperse/proliferate about 10,000 BCE.
One result is that the Native American races, including the
Eskimos, are (or were) exclusively type O. ....

Since the type A and B blood types are millions of years old, this is
clearly wrong, which I think we agree on. A web search did not reveal any
mention of an increase in type A phenotype around 40,000 years ago, though
searching for such a thing is difficult because there is so much of the
D'Adamo misinformation on the Web that clouds the searches.

> I'm more persuaded by that evidence than by my half-baked conjecture,
> frankly.  Still, the differences in HCl production are interesting,
> including the fact that dogs and cats produce more than humans.  It
> seems likely that the HCl has a purpose beyond adjusting the pH to
> activate the protease enzymes, so it certainly makes one wonder what it
> is.

Yes, that is interesting. Is there anywhere we can look for more info on
these differences in HCl production by blood type?