Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 15:40:50 -0700
I find buying large quantities of meat at a time to
make things cheaper.  Roasting whole turkeys, whole
chickens, buying an entire lamb or side of beef, pork
is very cheap too.  Ground beef isn't too expensive.

Frozen whole wild fish are only $2-3 each where I
live.  I think they are so cheap because people hate
the fishheads.  I'm hoping to do some of my own
fishing this year.

Due to financial constraints I've taken to using bones
and meat scraps to make soups and broth.  Very
delicious and nutritious.  I keep the fat from roasted
meats and use it on whatever I can.  Fat, bones and
organ meats from the grocery store are cheap too.

Buying bags of apples and oranges aren't too
expensive, greens are reasonably cheap and so are
carrots.

Larine