C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:20:44 -0700
like kendall, i think some of the people are well
meaning idiots. their concept that God is punishing
someone by giving their child a disability is
completely at odds with my concept of God. i usually
take time to give these folks a sorely needed theology
lesson. they do not normally enjoy the lessons that i
give them.

as to nursing or brestfeeding in the old days children
were not weaned until they were past 3 years of age
and that was if they had no problems whatsoever with
the alergic stuff you mentioned. i suggest you follow
kendall's advice.

--- "Kendall D. Corbett" <[log in to unmask]>

http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=3D541123

> > =20
> > Printed from Chabad.org=09
> >
> > Are we to blame for our son's brain dysfunction?
> >
> > Question:
> >
> >        My son was diagnosed with a form of brain
> dysfunction. Please let me =
> > know if his parents or grandparents did something
> to deserve this =
> > punishment. Should we blame ourselves for his
> illness? Also, how can we =
> > help him?
> >
> > Answer:
> >
> > I am sorry about your son's diagnosis. It can be a
> difficult time for =
> > parents to reach an acceptance of why things
> happened this way. Often, =
> > they will incorrectly blame themselves or fault
> themselves for a child's =
> > sickness.=20
> >
> > We do not know why G=E2=80=91d runs His world as
> He does. We do not =
> > understand why there is suffering, sickness,
> poverty, hunger or the many =
> > seemingly unfair challenges and tribulations in
> our world.=20
> >
> > We are told that sometimes very great souls need
> to descend to this =
> > world. These souls are so lofty that the physical
> realm cannot contain =
> > them, so they come into a body that "shatters"
> from its impact. Your =
> > son's brain might be somewhat dysfunctional
> because of the great holy =
> > soul that is enclothed within it. Many parents of
> special needs children =
> > vouch for this, explaining how despite the child's
> many needs, these =
> > children have a certain purity to them, or a
> certain power to them, in =
> > helping others to accept them because of who they
> are, not what they can =
> > give to this world, or to their families. Such
> children teach us the =
> > power of real love--a love that is not based on
> any preconditions.
> >
> > As far as your question if you did anything to
> "deserve" this: Special =
> > children are most often given to very special
> families, who can see =
> > beyond their external dysfunction to the beauty of
> their soul. No, I do =

=== message truncated ===