C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:46:01 -0500
Anthony, if a building was built before a certain date, they're
grandfathered under the ADA and don't have to build such things a
roll-in showers.  In fact, I think the minimum requirement is that
the apartment is accessible, not that the kitchen or bathroom has to
have handicapped-accessible equipment.  I have a bathtub and not a
roll-in shower in my apartment and my kitchen counters and stove
aren't lowered for wheelchair users, and the top cabinets wouldn't be
accessible if I couldn't stand to put my dishes away.

Kat