From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:50:25 -0400
Phil,

Running XP with 256 MB of RAM is like trying to run your SB220 on 50
volts.  Bear in mind that JAWS is a resource hog, so as long as the
rest of your applications don't demand much, you're ok.  But heaven
help you if other stuff starts grabbing up resources.  Everything
I've heard says that you need at least 512 meg with XP, and that's
from people who don't run screen readers, so I'd start there and get
more if you need it.  One test is to look for lots of hard drive
activity, which is what happens when the system runs out of memory.

Steve