Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:53:03 -0700
Juergen Botz wrote:
> JK Gatto wrote:
>
>> [...] man will suffer, not the planet.  The planet is self sustaining.
>> No matter what we do, nature will take care of itself and kick our
>> butt in the process.  Oliva
>>

> Yes, nature (Gaia) will take care of herself... but on her timescale,
> not ours.  And on her timescale a tick of the clock is thousands of
> years, and a million years is but a comfortable days work.
>

> <snip>

I find the idea irrational that somehow "humans" are not a component of
"nature" including all the ways we adapt our environment  and that for
example, when beavers build dams and modify their environment, that's
natural, but when humans build dams and modify their environment, that
is somehow  "unnatural."  Refusing to adapt one's environment, that
truly is unnatural.

--

Steve - [log in to unmask]

Take World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

"If a thousand old beliefs were ruined on our march
to truth we must still march on." --Stopford Brooke