From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 21:04:46 -0800
--- Philip <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks for this info. All I had to go on was what is
> listed as clinically
> "normal" for fasting glucose on my blood test
> results (74-106 mg/dl). I was
> at 72 and was wondering if I was a little below
> "normal" or if, like with
> most other lab figures, what is considered "normal"
> is far off from what is
> optimum.

72 is not a problem, as a matter of fact, I envy you
for having such low numbers.  There are several guys
over on the calorie restriction society list who have
fasting numbers in the 70's, and they seem to be doing
just fine.

I came across this quote from Barry Sears today
regarding insulin and blood sugar, which pretty much
sums up why I'm worried about my high fasting numbers.
 I want to be around for a while...

"unlike diabetics and most of the elderly, individuals
with low blood sugar and low insulin have been found
to be healthiest and to live the longest. Diabetics,
with high blood sugar and high insulin, age fast and
die prematurely".

Mark

Get your own web address.