Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:03:45 -0700
> If grass-fed beef were $1500/kg, I  wouldn't eat it either.

You might.  The other side of the supply and demand equation is that, given high prices, a multitude of suppliers will suddenly appear, thus driving the price back down.  That is if the government doesn't poke its nosy head in and prevent it.  But that's another story.

But you'd be suprised how quickly we could turn around to a paleo based economy if the free market were to dictate it.

Jim