C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:34:44 -0500
My dad always said, "I want to live to a hundred, then get shot by a
jealous husband!"

Ken, there's some pretty good meds for COPD just starting to break the
surface, but I bet they're cost is relatively high.  Some of the drug
makers are starting programs to help folks pay for new line meds,
though.  It's a marketing gimmick, but what the hey, eh?  When Laura
first got dx'd she lived off of physician's samples for a long time.

A lot of houses built in the '20s through the '50s used to have shingled
siding made of asbestos.  Carpenters and other folks who worked with
this stuff have had a statistically significant incidence of COPD
(though there's a high percentage of smokers in the test groups).  Did
you ever, say, help tear down one of these houses?

Kyle