C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:35:06 -0400
Yeah you did, Ken.

Here's a variation of the old "three ministers in a boat" joke:

The ship carrying Descartes, St Bonaventure and Locke has sunken into
the ocean leaving the three philosophers trying to find a lifeboat.

Saint Bonaventure says, "Ah, a step towards God! There it is!!!"and
starts swimming towards a tiny lifeboat bobbing in the distance.
Descartes says, "What step?"
Locke then says, "Ah, every man has a right to property...where the hell
did that boat go?"

(well, it was funny when I was a freshman!)

And here's another one:

Jean-Paul Sartre is sitting at a French cafe, revising his draft of
/Being and Nothingness/. He says to the waitress, "I'd like a cup of
coffee, please, with no cream." The waitress replies, "I'm sorry,
monsieur, but we're out of cream. How about with no milk?"