C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 01:22:27 +0100
On Wednesday 02 August 2006 02:50, Kathy wrote:
> Deri, what a fab-looking family you've got!  And congrats to Rachel on her
> degree!  What degree did she get?  I'm a bit fuzzy on degrees from UK unis
> but am guessing it's the equivalent of our Bachelor's Degree.
>
> Kat

She got BA (Bachelor of Arts) Hons (Honours) in Graphic Design (3 year
course). The honours go like this:-

First
Upper Second (2.1)
Second (2.2)
Third

Ordinary (no honours)

She got a "Second" (colloquially known as a "Desmond" - as in - Bishop Desmond
TuTu). ;-)

In the photo the chap behind Rachel is her boyfriend (also got a BA in
Animation), and far right is my son Tom.

My own BA Hons was in English, doing my thesis on "Conduct" of Jane Austen's
female characters, which is by way of introducing the next sentence in
tortuous fashion!! Did you see Kiera Knightly in the film Pride & Prejudice,
very good, but personally I hoped she'd play the lead in "Emma" (rather than
Gwynneth Paltrow), since at the end she would have married Mr Knightly and we
could have left the cinema thinking about connotations of Twice Knightly. At
least I would have!!! ;-)

Cheers

Deri