From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:50:50 -0500
Hi.

I am wondering what is around these days for accessible 2 meter mobile
equipment or 2 meter and 70 cm dual band mobile radios?  My sister, Darla,
currently has my old Kenwood TW4000A after hers developed problems because
of a spent lithium battery, and she has a birthday coming up in just under
4 weeks.  My thinking is that with the myriad of PL tones in use in our
area, the TW4000A doesn't really cut it anymore, even if I could find
someone willing to change out the battery.  I would let her just continue
to use my old one as I am not using it at all, but we discovered that mine
appears to have low output.

So my question is "what is presently available for new equipment that is
accessible for programming frequencies and PL tones?"  I am thinking that
the TM-G707A would have made a good candidate, but I think they are all
gone now, as I don't see them on anyone's web sites any longer.

Any thoughts?

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK