Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:54:40 -0600
I know that Mike Duke is also on this list, but I thought I'd forward this
from the ACBRA list so that any members of the American Council of the Blind
Radio Amateurs affiliate, or those interested in joining would have this
information. Harvey ----- Original Message ----- From: "R R Rogers"
<[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007
11:03 AM Subject: [acbra] TIME FOR MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

Feb 20

ACBRA members,

Mike Duke and I have to get the ACBRA roster into the ACB national office
soon if we don't want to lose our 2 votes on the convention floor.  We have
a $10 annual dues.  I'll attach the membership promotion below to give the
full information.

Won't you like to get your dues in now so we can really make a good showing
at the convention?  Read the following and let me know.

Robert R Rogers, ACBRA treasurer, K8CO
*** CALLING ALL RADIO AMATEURS AND FRIENDS

The American Council of the Blind Radio Amateurs (ACBRA) is again having its
membership drive.  If you have not paid dues since May 1 of 2006, it is time
to renew.  If you have not yet joined the American Council of the Blind
Radio Amateurs, we cordially invite you to join our great organization now.
As a member of ACBRA, you are also registered with the national organization
of the American Council of the Blind (ACB).  Our dues are a modest $10 for a
membership year of July 1 through June 30.  We have an active email list on
which our members exchange questions and ideas about amateur radio as well
as tips on adaptations of equipment for use by visually impaired people.

Each year, in conjunction with the ACB national convention, we hold our
annual meeting which includes a program covering topics of particular
interest to visually impaired amateur radio operators or those who are
interested in this wonderful hobby.  During the convention time, we have
informal get-togethers for breakfast and/or dinner.  We also communicate
among ourselves on two-meters on 147.48 MHz.  During all of this, you can
imagine we don't exactly abstain from swapping tails about our favorite
passion of ham radio and the field of communications and electronics.

We do invite you to join ACBRA by contacting me at your earliest
convenience.  We would also urge you to get your membership in before March
1 so we can get you on our roster in time for your membership to make a
difference in our delegate count at the ACB national convention.  Feel free
to contact me at any time with your questions and comments, and with your
dues.  My contact information appears below.

When signing up with me, do include the following:

1.  Full legal name  .  Include nick name if you like.

2.  Call sign.  Unfortunately, I am missing that with many of you and do
need it.

3.  Street address, box number, or whatever.

4.  City, state, zip.

5.  Phone number.

Please note that your information will not be circulated elsewhere.

Robert R Rogers, K8CO, ACBRA treasurer

1121 Morado Dr

Cincinnati, OH 45238

(513) 921-3186