From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:17:28 -0500
Hi,

Vonage does support 911 in a few states, but not where I live.  There web
site does warn customers that the Vonage 911 service is not like the local
911 service and to get 911 to work, the customer has to register their local
police and fire department numbers with Vonage.  We've called 911 a couple
of times and sure enough, our local police department answers the phone.
I do have my Vonage router on a UPS, but if the cable goes down, Vonage will
stop working.  I would not recommend that anyone use voip service unless you
have a cell phone as a backup.  I have my Vonage set so that if my router is
unreachable, Vonage forwards my calls to my cell phone and it works Great.
By the way, I can fax through Vonage and my home security system works
through Vonage also.
73
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype Name: bobtinn