From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:15:33 -0500
Walt,

In many cases, the only thing you'll hear on other stations is telemetry
(for remote meter reading, etc).  I've sometimes heard music services (the
kind used as background in restaurants), and occasionally foreign language
broadcasts, but there's not a whole lot out there worth listening to.  Many
of the music services have moved away from SCA, and are handled in other
ways, such as XM and Serius, so don't expect to find very many of those.
Keep in mind that there are two SCA channels, and there's no standard for
which ones are used by stations.  Many of the tunable radios have the
capability to switch between them, but some don't.

Steve